Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Beatrix Potter - A Life in Nature

I posted a review on an excellent biography of Beatrix Potter at my Design Loft Blog. This book is well worth the read.

I have been scanning the library shelves for a new fiction read. I haven't posted reviews of my recent attempts because they have all been disappointments. The authors rely so heavily on sexual content (or the treatment of the subject is objectionable) that I do not make it past the first few chapters. My last selection was especially disappointing. I loved the first chapter and thought it was one of the best I have read in a looong time. But as the story develops, the book gets bogged down with characters that are so heavily flawed that it became depressing, not to mention the casual relations of the characters. Really, in this day and age of STD's and the like it is irresponsible to encourage such behavior.

So anyway, still looking.

No comments: