Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Going Rogue


I consumed Sarah Palin's book, Going Rogue, in about two days. I wasn't initially sure I wanted to read it after reading Liberty and Tyranny and Common Sense because I expected a lot of political commentary. But I admire Sarah Palin and I wanted to know what happened with the 2008 elections. So I decided to just read the chapters on the campaign and get it back to the library quickly - there is a long waiting list for it.

Instead, I got sucked into the first chapter and I couldn't put it down. I found a friend in those chapters. A woman I could not only relate to, but one who shared common personal and political values. The book really is a biography. You get Sarah's personal family history, upbringing, and experiences. You do get the behind the scene political machinations of the campaign. It explains why she had to step down as governor, and it was understandable. You do get some political commentary - but it was fresh. By the end of the book, I truly respected Sarah Palin. The book does not answer the "Will she or won't she run in 2012" question. But it does indicate that her political life is not over. Expect to see her influence conservative politics in some way in the future.

Book Rating: 4 stars

No comments: