Friday, March 17, 2006

The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands (audio)

I needed another book to listen to while driving. I have listened to Dr. Laura's radio program many times. If you are a listener too, then you don't really need to listen to this book on tape. In fact, if you listen to this whole book in one sitting, you may end up depressed. She turns the tables on women and tells them how poorly they are treating their husbands.

I actually agree with many of the things she says in principle. But since I listen to her on the radio, I didn't glean any new insights or helpful suggestions. She did read one letter from a Reverend that puts marriage in perspective from a religious point of view - and it blew me away with his insight.

I have flipped through the print version. The book contains self-help worksheets. If you have a marriage that is in trouble, it may be worth a listen. Since I am happily married, it wasn't necessary.

Book Rating: 3 stars

No comments: