Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Goose in the Pond


Goose in the Pond is another book I tried to read in October 2008 right before the CPSIA implosion. I also started after I finished the Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder, a book that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Goose in the Pond by Earlene Fowler follows Bennie Harper as she solves the murder of a librarian - the story teller for the children's story time. The librarian happened to be dressed as Mother Goose and was found in a pond, hence the title. This is the first book in the Bennie Harper mysteries.

To be fair, my attention span was very limited and I had just come off of one goofy mystery that I enjoyed. I just couldn't get into it. Mysteries are not my thing, and my library has a lot of them. I am trying some of them out and I have discovered some new authors. I tend toward the goofy mysteries with a touch of the ridiculous. Earlene Fowler's books would certainly fill that category. But at least for this one, it wasn't for me. There are a lot of positive reviews at Amazon for it, so maybe it would be something that would interest you?

No comments: