Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Design Basics Index


I have looked for a book on graphic design basics with real practical examples for a long time. Design Basics Index by Jim Krause not only fits that need, but it is the most awesome graphic design how-to book I have seen in a long time. Not only does the book show good and bad examples, the book itself is an example of layout, color, typography, flow and more. Not all of the topics are discussed in depth, but there is enough there to spark your own creativity. Each chapter comes with suggestions for practice on your own.

This book quickly went on my Amazon wishlist. Even though I read the book cover-to-cover, I want it for my reference shelf since I am self-taught in graphic design work. The author has other books to cover topics in more depth that I plan on either purchasing or borrowing through inter-library loan.

Book rating: 5 stars, great for graphic designer newbies.

No comments: