Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Super Immunity

"The problem is that there are very few who can study this issue without their predetermined bias affecting their judgment. In modern times, nutrition has become like politics, with camps of various persuasions believing in the righteousness of their approach." -- Joel Fuhrman
The more I read about nutrition, the more I have come to realize how controversial the topic can be. Dr. Joel Fuhman explores how healthy food choices can boost your immune system better than any thing else.

It's easy to turn to pharmaceuticals when we get sick. But we can avoid the pharmaceuticals and getting sick by focusing our diets on healthy foods. He encourages the reader to eat dark, leafy green vegetables, some fruit, minimal proteins, and few carbs. He talks about how these foods provide the best nutrients for our immune systems. He explains the difference between macro and micro nutrients and the problems with pharmaceuticals.

Overall, I think this book is worth reading. It definitely made me look at the benefits of vegetables in a whole new way.



The books I select for review are books which I personally select from my local library. I do not receive any reimbursement from authors or publishers or free books. I do provide links to Amazon as a convenience to the readers of this blog. I do earn a small referral pittance which is not even enough to buy a soda.

No comments: