Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Partials

 

Partials by Dan Wells is a young adult dystopian story. The earth has been wiped out by engineered humans and a virus. Humans who have survived both the conflict and the virus are huddled together on Long Island trying to survive. Unfortunately, no newborn children are immune to the virus and die shortly after birth. Kira and her friends live with ever increasing restrictions including mandatory pregnancy laws. Kira and her friends search for freedom and answers with surprising twists.

I liked this story and read it very quickly. The dystopian themes are familiar and follow similar young adult fiction trends (Hunger Games and Crossed). But I liked this one better. I'm looking forward to the next book which comes out Feb 2013.

Book Rating: 4 stars

The books I select for review are books which I personally select from my local library. I do not receive any reimbursement from authors or publishers or free books. I do provide links to Amazon as a convenience to the readers of this blog. I do earn a small referral pittance which is not even enough to buy a soda.

No comments: