Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Stuck in the Middle


Every now and then one needs a light, fluffy read with a bit of romance. At least I do. I tend to select non-fiction books with heavy subjects that you have to slog through over a long time. This book by Virginia Smith showed up as free for Kindle (at the time of writing, it still is) and snatched it up. The free price is to hook you on the Sister-to-Sister series of which there are two more volumes.

Middle sister Joan is stuck. Recently broken up with her boyfriend and in a dead-end job, Joan lives at home with her mother and takes care of her aging grandmother. Meanwhile her younger and older sisters seem to accomplish so much more than she has. Then a handsome, young doctor moves in next door. Throw in a crisis/transformation/affirmation of faith and Joan can't seem to catch a break. That is until.......

The story sounds cheesy and predictable for a Christian romance. And maybe it is. Still, I finished it and enjoyed it. Call it a guilty pleasure.

Book Rating: 4 stars.



The books I select for review are books which I personally select from my local library. I do not receive any reimbursement from authors or publishers or free books. I do provide links to Amazon as a convenience to the readers of this blog. I do earn a small referral pittance which is not even enough to buy a soda.

No comments: