Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Trail of tears by John Ehle

 

Honestly, this book has some of the most beautiful non-fiction writing I've ever read. The author explores the history of the Cherokee nation from their rise in Georgia to their forced expulsion to Arkansas and Oklahoma.

The author caught me almost immediately with his description of the birth of Major Ridge. He captured me again with his description of the forced migration of the Cherokee in the late 1830s. I learned so much about the history of the Cherokee that I didn't know previously. I am glad I read this book and recommend it highly if you have an interest in this subject.

Book Rating: 5 stars.

The books I select for review are books which I personally select from my local library. I do not receive any reimbursement from authors or publishers or free books. I do provide links to Amazon as a convenience to the readers of this blog. I do earn a small referral pittance which is not even enough to buy a soda.

No comments: