Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Jewelry Making & Beading

 

Teach yourself visually jewelry making and beading by Chris Franchetti Michaels was one of those books I turned to when I decided to try jewelry making. Some books in the Teach yourself visually series have not been received well by crafters, but this book is truly exceptional.

There are large, clear pictures throughout that help with the most basic jewelry making steps. I really liked the clear charts that detail wire sizes and component parts. The resource lists were helpful. I didn't really care for the section on beading, because I just wasn't interested in that aspect. I tried some techniques and it is clear that I need some more practice. One of the downfalls of the series is that there is no video component. While the photographs do a really good job, there are some skills in which you need to see them in action. Even so, this book stands above others in the series.

Book Rating: 5 stars.


The books I select for review are books which I personally select from my local library. I do not receive any reimbursement from authors or publishers or free books. I do provide links to Amazon as a convenience to the readers of this blog. I do earn a small referral pittance which is not even enough to buy a soda.

No comments: