Thursday, December 06, 2012

Raising Atlantis

 

Raising Atlantis by Thomas Greanis is a sci-fi thriller that explores the idea of finding Atlantis in the Antarctica. Dr. Conrad Yeats and Dr. Serena Serghetti are recruited to find Atlantis. Serghetti is a former nun turned activist recruited by the Pope and Dr. Yeats is an archaeologist. Upon their arrival to Antarctica, they quickly become involved in a conflict with competing factions who wish to exploit the discovery of a buried city. As the city is exposed, it's true origins become clear and threaten a global catastrophe that will change everything.

The story is fast paced and exciting, but thoroughly predictable. Star Gate SG-1 and Atlantis (among others) have also played around with these same ideas. So the big revelation at the end was ho-hum. I did finish the story, which leaves you hanging. I'm not sure when or if I will get to the rest of the series.

Book rating: 2 stars.



The books I select for review are books which I personally select from my local library. I do not receive any reimbursement from authors or publishers or free books. I do provide links to Amazon as a convenience to the readers of this blog. I do earn a small referral pittance which is not even enough to buy a soda.

No comments: