Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Cast on Kill off



This is another crafting mystery for knitters. This is book 10 in this series by Maggie Sefton. I have not read any of the other books in the series.

A knitting friend is getting married. Kelly refers her friend to a talented seamstress, Zoe, to make the bridesmaid dresses. The only problem is Zoe is in a troubled marriage and ends up dead. So Kelly, along with her knitting friends, set out to find the true killer.

The story, like many crafting mysteries, have the usual crafting mystery cliches. The story is charming enough that the reader will want to finish it. The end is not totally unexpected, but it still took me some time to figure it out. I do not feel I missed too much by not reading the other books in the series, so this could easily be read as a stand alone.

Book rating - 4 stars

The books I select for review are books which I personally select from my local library. I do not receive any reimbursement from authors or publishers or free books. I do provide links to Amazon as a convenience to the readers of this blog. I do earn a small referral pittance which is not even enough to buy a soda.

No comments: