Monday, December 11, 2017

Why do I still have thyroid symptoms?


I read this book to see if it would help me understand my chronic fatigue. Could it be thyroid related? The author of this book, Dr. Datis Kharrazian, is a chiropractic doctor who has focused his practice on helping people with thyroid problems. In my case, I learned which lab tests I should ask for and how to read them. The thyroid is a complex topic and many doctors do not understand it. If you get a normal result on the TSH test, you are considered normal. This is why the title of the book is so appropriate. If my TSH is normal, then why do I still have symptoms? That was certainly my question. After a much more thorough work up and the help of an integrative medicine doctor, I was able to determine my chronic fatigue was not because of my thyroid.

I started off trying to read the Kindle version of this book. The Kindle version is formated very poorly and the images and charts are nearly impossible to read. I abandoned the digital version and grabbed the print version. I was able to skim through most of the book and focus on the areas that seemed to apply to my situation. There a few successful case studies that a person could relate to, but caution is certainly in order. Not everyone has undiagnosed thyroid problems. Their symptoms can be due to something completely different, as in my case. At least I was able to eliminate the possibility with help from this book.

I recommend this book for anyone who has or might have a thyroid problem. Patients have to be advocates for themselves and the more knowledge you have the better you will be at advocating. It is possible to feel better and the author certainly gives you hope.

Book Rating: 4 stars.


The books I select for review are books which I personally select from my local library. I do not receive any reimbursement from authors or publishers or free books. I do provide links to Amazon as a convenience to the readers of this blog. I do earn a small referral pittance which is not even enough to buy a soda.

No comments: